Monday, October 31, 2011

Throw Pillows

How do you spice up your room without spending much money?  You sew some throw pillow covers and shove your old boring pillows inside.  A while back I had to return all of the cute pillows I had bought from Target for the sake of saving money.  It was a bummer, but I got over it and made my way to the fabric store to help dry my tears.  Anyways, I was trying to change our bedding from blue and brown accents to grey and yellow.  Our headboard is brown and we aren't really in the market for a new one of those...so brown, grey, and yellow it became.  Here are some of the pillows I came up with.  The tan and grey one is the only one I kept from target because it brought the brown and grey together.
 This one is by far my favorite.  I made it with Duck Cloth.
 The zebra print I like, the flowers made it a bit too girly for me...and my husband.  I have not yet ripped them off but I think I will.
 This pillow as me trying to replicate the target floral one from and earlier post.  It is OK but it is missing something.  Haven't quite figured out what yet.
The hububs and I also created an angry birds trunk or treat bean bag toss.  Unfortunately there are no pictures of it in his trunk...but here are the bean bags I sewed.  Only two survived, so apparently my sewing skills are lacking or kids are getting stronger.
Time to go pawn all of the Halloween candy off on the next trick-or-treater so that it doesn't become my dinner.

1 comment:

  1. cute pillows. love the colors. actually my guest bedroom has the same scheme. i really like the first one, also.
    stopping by from kelly's korner
    mybagofsunshine.blogspot

    ReplyDelete