Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sob, Eat, Regret, Repeat 3/10/12

That seems to be the cycle of my pregnancy.  Only I just eat fruit smoothies because it is the only thing that sounds good at all.  And after the fact, I usually don't feel very good anyways, so maybe I should just branch out and stop trying to drink all of my calories :)

I think the hardest thing thus far is being in the car.  I have never had motion sickness in my life.  That should have been my first clue when I felt so sick driving up to a retreat before we knew we were pregnant.  Ding Ding Ding Jaci, something is going on.  We were driving to a friends house last night and I rode with a gallon zip lock bag, at which point my husband pointed out that if I puke in a clear bag he will surely puke all over the car.  So instead I rolled my window down and hung my green head on the edge of it like a dog.  Awesome.  Glad I could make it a half hour.  We were planning a road trip next weekend, I no longer think that is such a bright idea.

The craziest thing about being pregnant is the dreams.  Last night I was in the mafia and trying to get out and save the world.  A couple nights before that someone was force feeding me mayo.  I hate mayonnaise with a passion.  Disgusting.  I must have been really nauseous in my sleep, so that is what I dreamed about.  Was that ever a joy to wake up from.

The other day I was crying about something and Jon told me he loved me as I was pulling myself together.  Then he proceeded to say, as he rubbed my belly, "and I love You." At which point I burst back into my sob fest at the thought that he already loves that little blueberry in my belly.  Can we say stereotypical?  Hormones are like drugs.  Strong drugs.  Which filter your reality and make it all blurry and a little crazy.

All of that to say that I'm so happy.  Happy to feel like total crap because it feels reassuring to me that there is a peanut growing inside.  It reminds me that even though no one will know for a couple more weeks, I really am pregnant and that our lives are about to change.  And I'm happy to be able to laugh at myself, because if I couldn't, I would seriously be screwed.

Cheers to traveling with crackers and a ziplock bag for the next couple weeks.  You are a trouble maker little Bo-Bo Noto.


1 comment:

  1. Love this! And yes the hormones ARE like drugs. I've been saying that for years!!!

    ReplyDelete