Friday, August 12, 2011

An exciting beginning and a sweet end

So I just completed my nursing orientation for a new job, as well as the last week of the OB clinical group I was teaching.  I am feeling extremely blessed (along with nervous, excited, petrified... you know the whole frickin spectrum of emotions, but I think that just happens when you start something new).  There were some things I wanted to remember about my orientation that just seemed to be whispers from God that this was the right move for me.  The person who organized the HR orientation was a 50/50 combo of my Aunt Joan and Aunt Bev.  I wanted to take this lady home and make some memories with her.  She was such a spitfire and just warmed my heart as I remembered my Auntie Joan.  I also loved the Chapel in the hospital.  After a hard night I can see myself taking a few minutes to just breath and decompress to help me leave work at work.  The motto on the hospitals logo states in Latin, "The love of Christ urges us on."  How true.  Overall I have just had a wonderful orientation experience and I am so excited to start working with some of the girls I have met.  I am really going to miss my old unit and co workers, but feel a lot of peace about this transition in my life.

I also just taught my last clinical, and this experience was so different than what I expected.  I think I went to bed anxious every Thursday night.  It was stressful for me to want to give every student this amazing OB experience, and feeling like I couldn't deliver based on the location of the clinical.  However, by the end of the term, everyone was able to see a baby come into this world in one form or fashion.  And, the students gave me a bracelet with my name engraved on it as well as "Best Teacher Ever" on the back.  Melt my heart.  I just couldn't have asked for a better group of students to have for a first time experience.  I am excited about going back to teaching in the future after I am more settled with my new job, and I am so grateful for how much this experienced help to stretch and grow me as a clinician and teacher.

Tomorrow we move to a new house, and I am stoked.  I love home improvement projects, and crafts, and gardening.  And better yet, I love finding the best deals throughout all of those processes.  The opportunities are endless!  I have already commenced the painting and the planning and cannot wait to put some ideas into action.  I have already packed up the camera, so after we are settled I will post the before pictures.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment