Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Seed Pack Attack

Tonight for Celebration of Hope I met up with my mom and sister to help pack seeds to make garden packs for families in Zimbabwe.  In all honesty I didn't want to go.  I didn't want to take the time to drive in traffic and do a serving event that sounded boring.  I'm pretty much a terrible person.  So I took time in the car to try to and refocus.  To get beyond my wants and my needs.  The event wasn't about me.  It wasn't about having fun.  It was about giving up my time and using the hands God has given me to simply run packages of seeds from table to table, so that they could be boxed up and shipped across the ocean and change lives. I think that in many areas of my life I need channel some more selflessness.  I want my heart to break for the things that break God's.  I want my life to be about more than me and my accomplishments.
So here are a couple pictures from the seed pack, an event that is much bigger than me.







1 comment:

  1. I needed that reminder (guess it would have been better yesterday though) that it wasn't about me as I was complaining. Thanks for reminding me why we were there and who we were serving.

    ReplyDelete